Egg dishes always come with a variety of delicious flavors. Whether it’s a healthy egg recipe or an indulgent one, eggs taste great anytime of the day. One amazing egg dish that stands out is the Eggs Benedict. This classic dish is generally offered for breakfast or brunch and combines poached eggs, Canadian bacon, and hollandaise sauce served on an English muffin. But that’s not it’s only version. There are many recipes designed to perfectly cater to your dietary or lifestyle needs. Here are two of our favorite healthy egg recipes that will help you up your protein intake.
Open-Faced Burger Benedict
This modified version of the classic Eggs Benedict creates a burger-like experience served on an English muffin. It’s a healthier option that’s high in both protein and flavor.
- 1 sesame seed hamburger bun or English muffin, lightly toasted
- 4 ounces lean ground beef, cooked (or substitute with turkey or chicken sausage)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons hollandaise sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato, optional
- 2 tablespoons diced onion, optional
- Poach the eggs. Add about 4-6 inches of water in a deep skillet and bring to a boil. Add the salt and reduce to a low simmer. Crack one egg into a small bowl or measuring cup. Gently pour the egg into the simmering water and repeat process with the second egg. The eggs should only take 2-3 minutes to properly poach. Let cool.
- Melt butter over medium heat in the same skillet used for poaching the eggs. Place the toasted hamburger bun in the skillet and cook until lightly toasted, about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until toasted.
- Assemble the burger. Begin with the toasted bun and top with the cooked ground beef. Slice the poached eggs in half. Place the poached eggs over the ground beef and top with hollandaise sauce. Add the diced tomatoes and onions.
Overnight Eggs Benedict Bake
This overnight Eggs Benedict Bake is a simple, comforting dish perfect for meal prepping or a Sunday morning meal. Feel free to experiment with the ingredients; this simmering dish should provide you with the opportunity to get creative.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 6 slices fully cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8×8 baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and red pepper and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add bread cubes, turkey bacon and fresh parsley, paprika and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bread and bacon are evenly toasted, about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Whisk together eggs, Dijon, almond milk, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread in the baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Serve with parmesan, parsley and/or a drizzle of olive oil.
If you’re looking for a convenient way to make this egg dish, why not try a blender? This can help to make the hollandaise sauce quickly and easily. For more tips and tricks, check out this video about how to make Eggs Benedict the easy way.
After making your Eggs Benedict, why not consider completing the meal with a healthy protein-packed snack? We like to pair our Eggs Benedict recipes with something like Nature’s Bakery Stone Ground Whole Wheat Fig Bar. It’s packed with 9g of plant-based protein and has no added preservatives, making it a wholesome snack to round out your breakfast. Find Nature’s Bakery Stone Ground Whole Wheat Fig Bars on Amazon.
Eggs Benedict is definitely a show-stopper of a meal, but it doesn’t need the added calories of classic recipes and often doesn’t need all of the butter, bacon, and cheese. These two healthy egg recipes will help you up your protein intake while still enjoy the classic Eggs Benedict flavor. So get creative and have fun discovering which version of this famous dish is the best!
If you are looking for 31 Healthy Egg Recipes That Will Help Up Your Protein Intake you’ve came to the right page. We have 4 Pics about 31 Healthy Egg Recipes That Will Help Up Your Protein Intake like Eggs Benedict Baked Potatoes Recipe | Taste of Home and also 31 Healthy Egg Recipes That Will Help Up Your Protein Intake. Here you go:
The Only 40 Egg Recipes You'll Ever Need | HuffPost
Speedy and Effortless Weekday Dinners for Hectic Professionals – An Assortment of Recipes
In our recipe collection, you’ll discover recipes fitting to various occasions, such as quick and simple suppers during the week, remarkable recipes for hosting, and even some scrumptious desserts to finish off your meal. We have provided formulae for both of vegetarians and meat-lovers alike, making sure that there is something for everyone in our compilation.
Thanks to our simple instructions and useful hints, you can make top-quality dishes within no time at all. Plus, with our recipe collection at your disposal, you’ll never run out of ideas for things to prepare.
Hence, why not bring your culinary abilities to the and buy our recipe book now? Using merely a couple of clicks, you are able to access the best finest formulae available, at the same time backing our website. Don’t hesitate, choose the link below and begin preparing up a tornado!
Overnight Eggs Benedict Bake – Kathryn's Kitchen
Speedy and Effortless Weekday Dinners for Tied-up Workers – A Recipe Book
In our recipe collection, you will discover recipes suited for all sorts of celebrations, such as quick and simple suppers during the week, notable dishes for entertaining, and even a couple of scrumptious desserts to finish off your meal. We’ve included recipes for both vegans and meat-lovers alike, making sure that there is a dish for everyone within our collection.
As a result of our simple instructions and helpful pointers, you will be able to make restaurant-quality meals within no time. And, with our recipe collection on hand, you will never deplete inspirations for what to cook.
So, why don’t we take your cooking talents to the and buy our recipe collection today? Using just a couple of button clicks, it is possible to obtain access to the best finest formulae out there, while backing our site. Do not hesitate, select the hyperlink underneath and start cooking up a tornado!
Eggs Benedict Baked Potatoes Recipe | Taste Of Home
Fast and Simple Weekday Meals that Suit Tied-up Professionals – An Assortment of Recipes
Within our cookbook, you will find recipes fitting for various celebrations, such as quick and easy dinners during the week, notable dishes for entertaining, and even a couple of scrumptious treats to finish off your meal. We have included formulae for both vegans and carnivores alike, making sure that there is something for each person within our collection.
Due to our easy-to-follow instructions and valuable pointers, you can produce top-quality meals within no time at all. And, with our recipe guide on hand, you’ll never be short of inspirations for things to prepare.
Therefore, why don’t we bring your culinary abilities one stage further and purchase our cookbook now? With only a couple of taps, it is possible to access the best finest recipes available, at the same time supporting our website. Do not wait, click on the hyperlink beneath and start preparing up a storm!
31 Healthy Egg Recipes That Will Help Up Your Protein Intake
Fast and Simple Weeknight Meals that Suit Busy Professionals – A Collection of Recipes
Inside our recipe book, you’ll discover formulae appropriate for all sorts of events, including quick and effortless suppers for weeknights, notable recipes for hosting, and even some scrumptious treats for your meal. We’ve provided recipes for both vegetarians and carnivores equally, making sure that there’s something for all in our compilation.
As a result of our easy-to-follow instructions and valuable hints, you will be able to make restaurant-quality meals in no time at all. And, with our recipe book at your disposal, you’ll never deplete inspirations for things to cook.
Therefore, why don’t we take your culinary talents one stage further and buy our recipe book now? Using just a couple of taps, you can get access to some of the best recipes available, while backing our website. Don’t wait, select the hyperlink beneath and begin preparing up a tornado!